Monday, February 13, 2012

antiques. pt2

Of course I went back to hunt & gather...

I managed to talk Bill into going with me to check out hunt & gather. It really didn't take much convincing. I think he secretly also likes checking out antique stores. I guess the real talking him into something came into play when I was like 'hey, let's walk down to Dunn Bros for some coffee before we go in...' I do it a lot, so I'm certain he wasn't surprised. Before we walked in to Dunn Bros, I did notice another place two doors down that looked great. Piccadilly Prairie. Great place full of really great things. I didn't find anything I couldn't live without though... I do wish I had discovered it before our wedding. They had some really great things that would have helped with our "look." I will definitely be stopping back there at some point.

We made our way back over to hunt & gather. Lucky us, there was Girl Scouts selling cookies! Yum. Of course we had to get some, I just wish I had more cash on had... to buy them ALL...

Anyways, I think Bill really enjoyed looking around. Unfortunately, the chair I wanted had already sold. I've learned my lesson twice now... Last time it was a free coffee table down the street. I had the thought of 'Oh, I'll just grab that on our way back home.' It will NOT happen again. This may have been a good thing, because although I really liked the chair and wanted it for my living room. I think I want two of the same chair... it may have taken quite some time to find another like it and at that point, reupholstering may have shown the age in the first one's reupholstering.

I did pick up a Brownie camera. Nothing fancy, a Hawkeye Flash Model.

And again, here are some photos of some of the great things there...

This is the far, back corner in the basement area. So much to see!




Photo credit for the image below goes to Bill. He found this gem in the above photo location. For some reason he didn't get it. I think it's awesome and am contemplating running over there to pick it up later tonight...




All sorts of vintage cameras! The one in the brown case is pretty sweet... I may have to pick it up the next time I'm there if it is still there...



I graduated college with a girl who has two Boston Terriers... I'm not real life friends with her, but facebook friends. I saw this and thought of her, but I'm pretty sure it would be super weird if I sent her a message saying "Hey, I saw this and thought of you!" So, I'm just adding it here to make myself feel better... It is actually pretty sweet/cool, but needs to be cleaned up.


For some reason, I think this is really awesome... It reminds me of all the art history classes I had to take in college...


And I love this... Matching dresser and nightstand. Fantastic legs, great condition. And sorta pricey. If only I could justify spending the money and had room...


This is back upstairs... I love all the letters.


Another one of upstairs. One of the greatest things about this place is the fact that it seems to be constantly changing. It's popular, so that there is new stuff coming and going all the time. The people that run it (?) are also constantly changing things around, so that things are different. There wasn't even a full week between my visits and it was very different...


Again, sorry for less than fantastic iphone pics.

No comments:

Post a Comment