Thursday, January 24, 2013

Finding Art.

Finding art work can be a huge pain. Especially when you're picky... like me :)

I've been searching the fantastic internet for all sorts of terms: mid century print, eichler print, atomic ranch print. Ugh. Some interesting things came up, but nothing that I loved. So I moved on over to etsy.com. Fantastic place and just searched "mid century print," which worked a lot better...

We found one artist with some fantastic things and a great deal (buy 2, get 1 free!)!! But... there are too many options. I created, just for Bill, a bunch of options visually... The shop is Thedor.

FORMATION   |   AREA   |   PILLAR

DNA IV   |   DNA II   |   DNA VII
LIGHTLY   |  PILLAR   |   SHOW

DNA VIII   |   DNA VII   |   DNA II

FISK II   |   FISK II   |   FISK II

OPPOSITES   |   FORMATION   |   TANDEM
FLOW no.24   |   FLOW no.26   |   FLOW no.23

LIGHTLY   |   AREA   |   PILLAR
OPPOSITES   |   AREA   |   TANDEM

See? SO MANY OPTIONS. I could keep going too. There are some I didn't even click on yet... And the more I think about the more I change my mind. I originally fell for the DNA prints, but a lot of the other "feel" much more mid century... Decisions, decisions...



Update: February 2, 2013
We ended up going with that very last set. They arrived yesterday and they look FANTASTIC! I've picked up two frames and need a third. I'm just going with some simple walnut finish wood frames with matting to fit in with wood colors we having going on from Target (and with a 5% off thanks to their debit card!). The Target by our house only had two, so I'll need to stop at a different one or order online...

No comments:

Post a Comment